Thursday, January 29, 2015

Glass etching!


I have been dying to get my hands on Armour etch for a long time since I bought my vinyl and I had to wait for it to get to me after I ordered from Amazon. FYI, this stuff is highly dangerous and can only be shipped via ground. Be careful when using it!!

I also bought the mugs a few weeks ago from the dollar tree with the intention to etch something cute for a couple and I was so excited when I had time over the weekend to do it!

First I cut out a stencil using some vinyl and placed it onto the glass. Then I took a big glob of the cream and left it on the glass for about 20 minutes.




After the 20 minutes, I washed the mason jar mugs under water and peeled the vinyl right off to reveal the designs! It's not original but I thought it was cute =)



I also tried etching pyrex and this one took me a lot longer to finish since the stencil was very detailed. For pyrex items, I have found that etching for 20 minutes was not long enough and it should be closer to 45 minutes to get a good etch out of the material.


I now have a few orders now to personalize glassware! If you are interested let me know =)

No comments:

Post a Comment