Monday, October 13, 2014

Woven hot air balloon baby mobile



For a friend's baby shower I was looking for a different kind of baby mobile idea on Pinterest and came across a woven 3D baby mobile that caught my eye. I honestly didn't know what I was getting myself into!

I didn't take many photos in the process since it took me a LONG time to make each balloon and I am so thankful I only had to make five of them haha. For these balloons, you do not need a die cutter like I have, so you can still cut it out by hand if you want. It would just take a longer time. The pattern can be found here.

The PapterMatrix website is great and actually provides tutorial videos, they aren't perfect but it helped me out a lot when trying to figure out how to put the balloons together.

The materials you need are:
  1. Glue
  2. Paper
  3. Tons of paper clips! (You NEED these!)
  4. Beads
  5. Dowels
  6. Fishing line or another type of thin string
  7. PATIENCE!

The first balloon actually took me TWO hours to make, YES TWO!!! I was pretty frustrated at it and I started to think about whether or not I should actually make them. I decided to push through and the rest of the balloons took me about 45 minutes each to make.



It was pretty hard to get the baskets on the balloons too, as you can see some of them are crooked in the photo =(. I probably wouldn't make another one of these since it took a long time. However, if you have the patience and this would be a beautiful one to make for yourself or for a friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment